Installing a new theme is very simple.
- First, browse the available themes list on the Form Tools site to locate the theme you want.
- Next, download the theme to your desktop.
- For zipfiles, unzip the file on your computer using whatever compressor/decompressor you have installed (Winzip, 7-zip).
Important step! the unzipped folder will be named something like this:
theme-classicgrey-2.0.5. Rename that to
classicgrey- i.e. remove the theme- prefix and the -X.Y.Z suffix.
- All themes are located in their own unique folder. Send the single folder to your webserver via FTP; it should be placed in your [form tools root]/themes folder.
- For tar.gz files, FTP the folder to your [form tools root]/themes
folder on your webserver. SSH or telnet into your server and go to the themes folder.
There, run this command (replace name_of_tar_file_here with the name of your tar
tar -xzvf name_of_tar_file_here.tar.gz
- Next, log into Form Tools and go to the Settings » Themes page. Here, click the "REFRESH THEME LIST" button. And that's it! You should now see your new theme.