Before using this module, please read the security page!
The Swift Mailer module, when installed and configured, overrides the default PHP mail() usage and sends all Form Tools emails via the SMTP settings you supply.
Advantages over default mail() function
- Some servers don't have PHP mail() set up.
- The PHP mail() function is notoriously inconsistent across different servers. Often, simple things like sending emails in multipart format (text + html) aren't permitted.
- It allows you to include file attachments in your emails - either from files included in the form submission or from a file on your server.
- Option to specify return-path headers for each email template, which sends all non-deliverable emails back to your inbox.
- It's far faster!
- People will think you're cool.